By Scott Burgmeyer
Building culture is one of the most important things leaders do. The key is whether the leader builds the culture on purpose or by accident.
When building a culture of improvement, 6 key steps can get you there:
- 1) Vision: Define what a culture of improvement looks like for you and your organization.
- 2) Identify a Framework: Make it visual and simple, with few steps.
- 3) Be Self-aware: Understanding yourself and how you impact the team is crucial to leading improvement for the organization.
- 4) How vs What: Improvement isn’t a “Thing,” it is how you work. The more you make improvement how you work, the more it will be part of the culture.
- 5) Market & Sell: Strategically market the culture and efforts while you are selling improvement to the organization.
- 6) Execute: You MUST execute and remember that progress > perfection.
Using these 6 steps, you can build a culture of improvement.