About Iowa Quality Center
The Iowa Quality Center (IQC) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was established more than 20 years ago as a result of collaboration between Kirkwood Community College and Grant Wood AEA (Woods Quality Center).
The Iowa Quality Center was established as a result of being named the administrator of the Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence (Baldrige based state award program) by the Iowa Business Council and the largest employers in the state of Iowa. We are dedicated to the sustainability of all Iowa based organizations through the sharing of our resources.
Partnering for performance excellence.
To provide leadership for performance excellence by connecting individuals, organizations and communities.
- That our work is essential to the overall quality of life and viability of our communities;
- That our communities can grow and develop best through their access and use of the Iowa Quality Center;
- That our success depends on our ability to focus and deliver on our customer/member needs.
- That our systems approach to community and organizational development, involving all sectors of the community, is unique;
- That the most viable communities are those that foster relationships and interdependence;
- That positive change demands leadership from everyone;
- That fear is destructive and mistakes are the foundation of wisdom.
Organizational Effectiveness & Innovation:
- That our members benefit most from a commitment to innovation and a passion for the discovery of new and better ways to develop people, organizations, and communities;
- That successful organizations embrace change and are dynamic in nature.
- That continual quality improvement is critical to personal, organizational and community success;
- That continual quality improvement can only be achieved with data and measurement.
- That continuous learning with and from one another is central to all we do;
- We believe that sharing our resources is essential to learning; assembling and sharing networks is what we do.
Our resources include Organizational Assessment, Consulting and Facilitation, Training and Development, Networking, and a Resource Library.