Lean Certification is increasingly becoming a qualification requirement for professionals who wish to demonstrate proven expertise in one of the Lean disciplines; namely Lean Manufacturing, Lean for Administration (Office) or Lean for Healthcare.
When you achieve certification status, you are not only contributing to your personal development, you are enhancing your professional qualifications and signaling your ability to make significant contributions to the profitability and success of your organization.
The Iowa Quality Center offers Lean Certification at two levels.
The Silver Certification level demonstrates expertise in Lean Knowledge, applying that knowledge in practical terms in the form of projects, and then strategically applying Lean throughout your organization.
The Gold Certification builds on your expertise to include Lean Leadership, Team Leadership, Team Building and Employee Involvement.
You will have acheived Certified Lean status when all of the following conditions have been met:
- Complete the Lean Mastery for Manufacturing, Healthcare or Administration course on-line, complete a test and achieve a passing score of 75% or greater.
- Complete a pre-agreed Lean Project (Value Stream Map or Kaizen event etc.) and submit the project for approval. Project must clearly demonstrate sufficient comprehension of the Lean Elements, Rules and Tools in both theoretical and practical terms.
- Read "The Elusive Lean Enterprise" book which we will send you when you enroll.
- Submit a White Paper that demonstrates how you will apply Lean Enterprise to your organization's strategic plan.
- Complete a telephone or in person evaluation of knowledge, project and white paper.
These Lean Certification programs are brought to you through a partnership between the Iowa Quality Center (www.iowaqc.org) and Lean Enterprise Inc. (www.leanvalue.com). Our experts will provide you with the knowledge and practical expertise that you need to be successful. You will receive personal coaching when you have questions and our facilitators will guide you through the process and evaluate your results.
Find out more at the IQC/LEI web site here.